Frequently asked questions about Flight Disruptions
If a flight is cancelled, we automatically rebook all passengers concerned. The new flight connection will then be displayed under My Bookings.
- If your new flight departs from Vienna on the same day or within 24 hours, we will automatically take care of the onward transport of your baggage.
- If you are unable to find your baggage on arrival at Vienna Airport, please report this to the Austrian baggage tracking service opposite baggage carousel 2
- If your baggage is damaged on arrival at Vienna Airport, please report this immediately to the Austrian baggage tracking service opposite baggage carousel 2
If there any restrictions due to air traffic control, you can obtain round-the-clock information about departures and arrivals on the Flight status & itinerary page.
We will be happy to provide your travel insurer with confirmation of any flight delay or cancellation.
To do so, please send us:
- Ticket number
- flight number and flight date
You can redeem your MCO flight voucher across the entire Austrian Airlines flight network. Please book by telephone or in person at your IATA travel agency.
Important: Your MCO flight voucher cannot be redeemed online and is valid for one year from the date of issue.
Forward the flight dates along with a copy of your passport and a separate signature by fax to +43 5 1766 51002. Please note that for data protection reasons we can only send this kind of confirmation to the passenger directly.
If there are any restrictions to air traffic due to exceptional circumstances, you can obtain round-the-clock information about departures and arrivals.
The issuing office is responsible for ticket refunds:
- for tickets booked on austrian.com, please contact us using the online form or by telephone
- for tickets booked by telephone via Austrian Airlines, please contact us using the online form or by telephone
- for bookings made at an Austrian Airlines ticket desk, please contact the relevant ticket desk directly
- for tickets booked in a travel agency or booked via an online portal, the travel agency or the online portal with whom the booking was made is responsible
Our colleagues from Paylife will be happy to help you. Please send an email to:
Please forward the original duly completed claim for compensation to:
P.O. Box 33
A-1300 Vienna Airport
Please send us:
- ticket number
- flight number
- a copy of your boarding card