Ticket cancellation according to the Israel consumer protection law
- Use of this transaction cancelation mechanism will be in accordance with the Israel Consumer Protection Law for tickets that were purchased through the Telephone Service Center in Israel or on the Austrian website for tickets for transactions covered by the Israeli Consumer Protection Law. Requests for refunds of tickets purchased from travel agents or Austrian stores and not through the Telephone Service Center should be addressed to them.
- Refunds for a canceled transaction on the website will be possible only for a flight ticket that was not used at all. If the ticket was partially utilized (flight in one direction), the customer should contact the party from whom the ticket was purchased.
- This is to clarify that the cancelation automatically applies to all passengers on the reservation. Customers interested in canceling the transaction only for a certain number of passengers listed on the same reservation should contact the party from whom the ticket was purchased.
- The cancelation applies to all flights and services in the reservation. Customers who do not agree to this should contact the party from whom the ticket was purchased.
- Any handling fee should be calculated as a part of the transaction and must therefor be refunded (minus the cancellation fee).
- In all other cases, and subject to all laws, the person making the reservation will be charged according to Austrian's cancellation policy, subject to ticket conditions.
- The refund will be made through the credit card that was used for making the transaction, within 14 days, in accordance with all laws.
Refund of unused Taxes and Charges
Please not that in respective of the mentioned Rights to Ticket Cancellation according to the Israel Consumer Protection Law, you may be entitled to a refund of Taxes and Charges in case of unused Tickets.
please note that you may be entitled to cancel your flight booking if it fits the following criteria:
- In remote sales (including by phone, on-line, without the presence of the parties) the consumer is entitled to cancel the transaction within 14 days from the date of the transaction or from the date consumer receives a document approving the purchase, whichever is the later, but not later than 7 days (not including days of rest) before the commencement of service.
- New immigrants, senior citizens, and persons with disabilities are entitled to cancel the remote transaction within four months from the date of transaction or from the date consumer receives a document approving the purchase, whichever is the later, but not later than 7 days (not including days of rest) before the commencement of service.
- A senior citizen - a person who has attained the age of 65; A new immigrant - a person residing in Israel during the first five-year period after having received an immigration visa or eligibility certificate; A disabled person - a person with disabilities in accordance with the Law for Equal Rights for Person with Disabilities. This will only apply to transactions which included a direct exchange with Austrian by any form of communication (e.g. email).
The Company is entitled to demand verifying the status by checking the relevant certificate.
- In case of valid cancellation refund will the cancellation fee shall be 5% or N.I.S 100.- whichever is lower.
Request to cancel and refund may be made in one of the following:
- Per telephone: +972 3 - 9052049 (from Sunday to Thursday from 08:30 a.m. to 05:00 p.m.)
- Website: Help and Contact
- E-Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Office adress for registered mail
Lufthansa German Airlines
37 She’erit Israel street
Zip code 6816522