Conditions for currency conversion for desktop bookings valid from 23 August 2021
Vienna, August 2021
The currency conversion option is available for passengers making a booking on desktop via austrian.com (from August, 23rd).
Please pay attention to the following when purchasing a ticket with the currency conversion option:
- The option to pay in another currency is offered exclusively on austrian.com.
- The exchange rate at the time of booking is considered binding.
- The converted total amount is based on the daily updated exchange rates of Bloomberg FX Fixing. Please note that for this reason the exchange rate may differ for new bookings or booking requests on austrian.com.
- The currency conversion option is only offered when booking a flight ticket and for certain additional options (booking step 4).
- The receipt must not be manipulated.
- Austrian reserves the right to take legal action in case of fraud.
- The conditions may change at any time and without notice.
- The optional currency conversion is not possible with "Secure booking 72 hours" because the final price is subject to currency fluctuations.
- The optional currency conversion is unfortunately not possible in combination with vouchers, as the voucher must be redeemed in the original currency of the ticket.
- When using the currency calculator, the sum of individual cost centres may show deviations. For this reason, the final price is rounded down in favour of the customer.
The option is not available for
subsequent rebookings, upgrades and additional services (for example additional baggage or seat reservations) as well as for ticket purchases made through other booking channels (for example Service Centre or Airport Ticket Office).
All refund requests will be processed in the original currency of the ticket and not in your chosen currency.
Other credit card fees
Depending on the bank, additional fees may be charged in individual cases. Austrian has no influence on these fees.