Bring Me Home
Return flight promise on European routes
Travel in times of coronavirus is associated with many uncertainties. What happens if the infection numbers in my holiday destination start to escalate, the Federal Government issues a travel warning for my destination or a relative becomes ill at home?
So that you can plan your trip without worrying, we guarantee you a return flight on all European routes.
The following products are valid for flight bookings on the websites and direct sales channels of the airlines Austrian Airlines, Lufthansa and SWISS for the booking period 25/06/2020 to 30/09/2020 and the travel period 25/06/2020 to 31/01/2021.
Free return flight promise for all customers
In addition to flexible booking options, we are offering our passengers a basic return flight promise on all European routes. The return flight promise is valid regardless of the booked fare for all customers. You will be flown home by the airlines of the Lufthansa Group to Germany, Austria or Switzerland – if necessary, even by special flight.1
1 In the event of a travel warning or a sustained worsening of the coronavirus situation in a European country, we will react accordingly and enable you, after internal assessment, flexible rebooking options, as well as deploying additional capacity.
Overview of packages and services by fare class
|Return flight promise||Bring Me Home worry-free||Bring Me Home NOW worry-free|
Included in the fares
|Economy Light||Economy Classic/Business Saver||Economy Flex/Business Flex|
|Return flight promise||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Holiday guarantee (powered by AXA)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Medical return (powered by AXA)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Medical assistance (powered by AXA)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Telemedical assistance (powered by AXA)||No||Yes||Yes|
|Free and flexible rebooking||No||No1||Yes|
|Next flight of Lufthansa Group||No||No||Yes2|
1 Rebooking charges
2 You will be transported on request on the next bookable Lufthansa Group flight and returned to Germany, Austria or Switzerland.
In addition to the general return flight promise, Economy Classic and Business Saver fares on European routes have been expanded in cooperation with AXA Partners to include additional attractive guarantee components for a “worry-free package”. For example, if travellers are denied entry due to an elevated temperature at the destination or quarantine is required at the destination after a coronavirus test, then the insurance covers the costs for the quarantine or the medical return transport. In addition, the fare, in cooperation with AXA, offers the opportunity for a medical consultation over the phone and a video-call with a German-speaking doctor. Additional hotel costs incurred by possible quarantine or transport costs are also covered. Even default costs for unused hotel stays and excursions will be reimbursed.
All details at a glance
- Takes effect in the event of infection with the coronavirus, quarantine or lockdown and denied entry due to body temperature control (see below for other regulations for disrupted travel).
- Costs for additional means of transport up to EUR 250.
- Rebooking fees up to EUR 50.
- Costs of return ticket, if no flight of the Lufthansa Group is available, up to EUR 500.
- Accommodation costs due to quarantine or lockdown up to 14 nights and up to EUR 250/night, as well as the costs of unused overnight stays or excursions and events.
- Disrupted travel: Assumption of return travel expenses and other additional costs for disrupted travel due to accident, illness, death, damage or break-in in your home, unexpected legal charges and breakage of prostheses.
Medical Return Flight
- Medical return transport to a hospital in the country of your residence, if this is medically necessary.
- Transfer of mortal remains or local burial in the event of death.
- Max. compensation payment EUR 100,000.
- Telephone information dealing with vaccinations, diseases at the travel destination, travel pharmacy, medical precautions, medications, outpatient and inpatient treatment options.
- Option of a medical consultation by telephone during your trip.
- Available in English (24/7) and German (weekdays 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
The insurance offer excludes travel to an area for which a travel warning of the Federal Ministry is in force at the start of the trip. If a travel warning is issued after the trip has commenced, then the insurance cover shall continue to apply for 7 days after the announcement of this travel warning.
For Economy Flex and Business Flex fares, all conditions of the “worry-free package” apply. They are now being expanded on European routes to include the “Bring Me Home NOW” option. Customers of Lufthansa, SWISS and Austrian Airlines are given a guarantee that they will be flown home with the Lufthansa Group airlines as quickly as possible. You will be transported on request on the next bookable Lufthansa Group flight and returned to Germany, Austria or Switzerland. Rebooking to an earlier return flight is always free of charge in this case. Neither rebooking fees nor a fare difference are incurred.
The Bring Me Home NOW services can be accessed automatically via our website, where automatic rebooking is at no extra charge.
Additional services provided by Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines
- Free and flexible rebooking of your return flight on the websites of the respective airlines
- Advancement to the next bookable Lufthansa Group flight to Germany, Austria or Switzerland3
3 Booking guarantee: Up to 48 hours prior to departure you have a booking guarantee for scheduled flights on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines or SWISS.
These offers are only valid after arrival at the destination and
- if a travel warning should be issued
- if a sustained worsening of the Covid 19 situation should occur
- if the customer should feel unwell due to the local situation
The Lufthansa Group will not transport passengers who have tested positive for Covid 19 or show symptoms of this illness.
Frequently Asked Questions
The options are part of the Lufthansa Group fares and therefore have no specific surcharge, but are instead included in the tariff. The fares are not more expensive than before.
The insurance cover begins with the effective booking of a Classic or Flex ticket, but no sooner than 48 hours before departure.
The insurance cover ends with the conclusion of the trip or at the latest after 90 days from commencement of the trip, as well as if the ticket is cancelled. For bookings without a return flight, protection ends 48 hours after arrival.
The “Bring Me Home NOW” option for rebooking an earlier return flight from the holiday location without additional costs is applicable at any time and can be used flexibly by the passenger.
A transfer fee as well as a fare surcharge may be incurred in the event of a rebooking as part of the Classic fare.
The Bring Me Home guarantee applies to each flight booking and passenger flying on a “Bring Me Home” fare.
The Bring Me Home return flight promise offers you protection in a crisis caused by the coronavirus upon arrival in the destination country, including medical support, financial protection and options for return transportation to the country of departure.
Travel cancellation insurance insures you for possible cancellation before the start of travel.
Travel health insurance insures you for medical treatments during travel.