Frequently asked questions about eJournals
1. You can get your eJournals via "My bookings" on austrian.com, your personal pre-flight e-mail three days before departure, the Austrian App or online check-in from 47 hours before departure
2. In the Media Box you’ll find the latest editions of your favourite newspapers and magazines.
3. Click on the cover of your chosen newspaper/magazine and confirm the download onto your portable electronic device.
4. You can now use your free download volume for the entire trip at once or use it in stages up to three days after your flight.
The number of your free personal downloads depends on your travel class and your frequent flyer status. Every Austrian Airlines passenger can download at least one free newspaper or one free magazine.
You can download your eJournals onto your smartphone, tablet or notebook free of charge three days before departure and up to three days after the flight. You can find the validity date in the Media Box below the number of downloads available.
Once the newspaper/magazine has been saved to your device it can be used for an unlimited period.
Please use an alternative browser to download your eJournals, for example Firefox or Chrome.
If the problem still occurs we recommend you delete your browser’s cache. This option can be found in the internet settings of your browser.
Hint: If the download is interrupted for any reason, you can choose the same daily newspaper/magazine again and download it even if the download counter is at “0”.
- If you want to download a PDF file from the internet to iBooks, first open it in Safari and tap once on any part of the document.
- A menu bar will open at the top of the screen. Tap on “Open in iBooks” on the right-hand side.
- The document will now automatically be saved in iBooks.
- If you want to download a PDF file from the internet onto your Android device, first open your browser and select the document.
- With most devices the document is then downloaded automatically. Once this process is completed the PDF can be found in your local “Downloads” folder. You can then open the document in the folder by clicking on it.
- When the PDF document opens in the browser, save it to a location on your device by clicking the “save symbol” (usually displayed as a “disc”). You’ll find the publication in the “Downloads” folder.
The download may take some time because we offer the newspapers and magazines in the highest quality possible. We therefore suggest you use a Wi-Fi connection or a hotspot.