Conditions for currency conversion for bookings on the smartphone
Vienna, July 2017
Passengers who booked via austrian.com on their smartphones have the option of converting foreign currency.
Please note the following if you buy a ticket with the currency conversion option:
- The option of paying in another currency is only available if you booked via austrian.com.
- The currency conversion service is offered and operated by Concardis GmbH.
- The exchange rate valid at the time of completing the booking is binding.
- The total of the amount converted is based on the daily exchange rate. Please note that the exchange rate may therefore change for new bookings or booking enquiries made via austrian.com.
- The currency conversion option only applies to ticket purchases and selected additional services.
- The Passenger Receipt is not changed when you convert currency and is issued in the original currency of the ticket.
- Austrian Airlines reserves the right to take legal action in the event of fraud.
- Austrian Airlines is not liable for the availability of the currency conversion option. If it is not possible to offer or carry out payment in another currency for whatever reason (e.g. technical problems), the booking will be billed in the currency originally shown instead of the currency selected by the passenger. Any claims by the passenger for compensation are excluded in this case.
- Terms and conditions reserved.
This option does not apply
- for subsequent changes to bookings, upgrades or additional services (e.g. additional baggage or upgraded seat reservations)
- in the case of ticket purchases made via other booking channels (e.g. the Service Center, ticket bureau or at the airport).
Requests for refunds will be processed in the same currency and at the same exchange rate that applied at the time of booking.
Other credit card fees
Some banks may charge additional fees in individual cases. Austrian Airlines has no influence on these charges.