In case you detect the damage of your baggage and/or items missing from your baggage only after you have left the airport, we will be pleased to issue a damage report for your private insurance company, under the condition that the damage is reported within seven days after your flight.
Please be aware, that if you do not have a private insurance, the proof, that your luggage was damaged while being under the supervision of Austrian Airlines will have to be given by you.
In order to issue a damage report we kindly ask you to send us the following data:
- permanent address
- telephone number
- flight number and date of your trip
- ticket number
- a both side scanned tag or the original tag of the double sided baggage tag and the baggage receipt
- picture(s) which show the damage clearly visible
- age and purchase price of your baggage
- a short description of the damage
Please send this information
by mail to:
Austrian Airlines Central Baggage Tracing
Office Park 2, P.O. Box 100
1300 Vienna – Airport
or by e-mail to:
After having received this data, we will send you a report with a file reference number.