More comfort at reasonable fixed rates
Treat yourself to an upgrade on your next flight within Europe. Enjoy the comfort of our Business Class and let us spoil you with our exceptional service on the ground and on board.
How to book your upgrade on flights within Europe?
Call up your upcoming journey under My Bookings and click on "Upgrade flights". All flights in your itinerary with an upgrade option will automatically be displayed.
Just select all flights for which you would like to upgrade.
Finally, enter your payment information and confirm the purchase of your upgrade. An upgrade confirmation will be sent to the email address you have specified.
Of course, you have the option to book your upgrade separately or for both directions at the same time. But it should be no later than 48 hours before each flight.
Check availability and upgrade
What benefits will you enjoy?
Upgrade to Business Class offers you:
- the use of the priority check-in zone at the airport
- priority baggage handling
- the use of the priority lanes at security, provided that they exist at the airport of your departure
- free access to the Business Lounge before departure
- priority boarding when boarding is via a passenger boarding bridge
- a seat in the front section of the aircraft
- a free adjacent seat
- more seat pitch on almost all aircraft
- one additional piece of hand luggage
- award-winning service with delicious Business Class menus by DO & CO
- hot and cold beverages including selected Business Class wines
- English and German newspapers and magazines
- higher mileage credit within the Miles & More frequent flyer programme
Please note that upgrades are only offered on flights with an Austrian Airlines flight number (OSxxx) operated by Austrian Airlines. The fare conditions (e.g. rebooking, cancellation and check-in baggage allowance) of your original Economy Class ticket will remain unchanged after an upgrade.
How much does an upgrade cost?
Upgrades can be obtained for EUR 99 per passenger and direction on domestic Austrian flights. On flights within Europe upgrades are available starting from EUR 139.
What are the requirements for upgrades?
Upgrades are available under the following conditions:
- availability in the relevant higher upgrade booking class
- confirmed bookings (no waiting-list bookings)
- issued Economy Class ticket
- flights with an OS flight number which are operated by Austrian Airlines
- upgrade requests via austrian.com are only possible for all passengers in a booking
If you only want to buy upgrades for certain passengers in a booking, please contact an Austrian Airlines Service Center.
Upgrades are not possible in the following cases
- for flights for which you have already checked in
- for journeys for which chargeable additional services have already been booked but no payment has yet been made and the corresponding services documents have not been issued
- for journeys for which additional services have already been booked which, however, preclude an upgrade, e.g. if you are taking a pet with you in the aircraft cabin.
Find further information about upgrades in the chapter "Legal Regulations".
< Back to overview "Upgrade to Business Class"