You can choose the amount you are willing to bid for your upgrade. The bid can be submitted online.
Within the timeframe of 72 hours prior to departure, all bids are reviewed and potentially verified. Furthermore, you receive a notification whether or not your bid is accepted.
In order for you to be able to bid, you must book an Economy Class Ticket for an OS flight that was issued on behalf of OS no later than 3 days prior to departure. Smart Upgrade is available on all scheduled flights.
- book your flight at austrian.com
- at the end of the booking process there will be an automatic notification suggesting an upgrade
- submit your offer
- enter your credit card details for general verification and confirm your offer
- you will receive an offer-confirmation by email
- you may change or cancel your offer up to 72 hours before departure
- after that time, all offers received will be assessed and the remaining Business Class seats available will be assigned (if your offer has been accepted, you will receive an email confirming your upgrade within 72 hours before departure)
- you may then check-in for Austrian Business Class directly online (you will receive an information email regardless of whether your offer has been accepted or not)
If you have booked your flight via a travel agency, you can submit your offer directly online under "My bookings
" at austrian.com